Junqing Zhang is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) at the Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics, the University of Liverpool, UK. His work mainly involves designing innovative and practical physical layer security solutions for future wireless technologies with ultra-low energy requirements but high security standards. He has been investigating wireless security solutions for a number of Internet of Things techniques, including IEEE 802.11a/g/ax, LoRa/LoRaWAN, ZigBee, etc, with a focus on the physical and MAC layers.
He was a Postdoc Research Fellow at Queen’s University Belfast, UK from Feb. 2016 to Jan. 2018. He received the PhD degree in Electronics and Electrical Engineering from Queen’s University Belfast, UK in Jan. 2016. His detailed education background and work experience can be found in Education and Work
Please find more information from his
- 1 September 2021: We are recruiting a two-year postdoc for my EPSRC New Investigator Award Project. Please find detailed information at link. The application deadline is 28 September 2021.
- 28 Aug 2021: Our paper, “Deep Learning-based Physical-Layer Secret Key Generation for FDD Systems’’ has been accepted by IEEE Internet of Things Journal. Congratulations Xinwei.
- 8 July, 2021, Our paper, “H2K: A Heartbeat-based Key Generation Framework for ECG and PPG Signals’’, has been accepted by IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing. Please refer to this link for a demonstration.
- 1 July 2021: My EPSRC New Investigator Award is successful. The project’s title is A New Frontier For Internet of Things Security: Far-Flung Key Generation . We will recruit a two-year postdoc soon.
- PhD Opening: I have an opening in the area of radio frequency fingerprint identification. Please find more information at link. The application deadline is 30 May 2021.
- 27 May 2021: Our paper, “Radio Frequency Fingerprint Identification for Narrowband Systems, Modelling and Classification’’ has been accepted by IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics & Security.
- 21 May 2021: We are organizing IEEE VTC Fall 2021 Workshop on Emerging Physical-layer Security Technologies and Applications for B5G and 6G. Please consider to submit your work to it. Submission deadline: 1 July 2021. Please visit the workshop page for more information.
- 3 May, 2021, Our paper, “Radio Frequency Fingerprint Identification for LoRa Using Deep Learning”, has just been accepted by IEEE JSAC Series on Machine Learning in Communications and Networks. Congratulations to Guanxiong.
- 29 March, 2021, Our paper, “NISA: Node Identification and Spoofing Attack Detection Based on Clock Features and Radio Information for Wireless Sensor Networks’’ has been accepted by IEEE Transactions on Communications. Congratulations Xintao.
- We are organizing a special section on Antennas and Array Processing for Physical Layer Wireless Security, IEEE Open Journal of Antennas and Propagation. Please consider to submit your work to it.
- Internet of Things
- Wireless security
- Physical layer security
- Key generation
- Device authentication
- Radio frequency fingerprint identification
- Device free wireless sensing
- Wireless communication techniques, such as OFDM, spread spectrum, etc
- Wireless communication protocols, such as IEEE 802.11, ZigBee, LoRa/LoRaWAN, Bluetooth, etc, in particular physical and MAC layers
- Wireless channel modelling
- Software defined radios including USRP, Zedboard + FMCOMMS2, and WARP
- Machine learning and deep learning applications in the wireless communications and security
We are always keen to apply our knowledge to practical applications. Hence we have created several demonstration videos to present our applied research.
- Key Generation Demonstration using WARP
- Heartbeat Key Generation Demonstration Using PPG Sensors
- LoRaWAN Demonstration using Pycom FiPy
Email: junqing.zhang at liverpool.ac.uk
Web: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/electrical-engineering-and-electronics/staff/junqing-zhang/ Tel: 0151 79 57790
Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics
University of Liverpool
Liverpool L69 3GJ