I am affiliated to the Advanced Networks Research Group at University of Liverpool. Our group has six academic staff and has strong expertise in the area of wireless communication, wireless security, trust, information theory, artificial intelligence applications in communications, signal processing for communications, 5G, embedded system designs. We very welcome research collaborations and visits.
I am always looking for excellent and highly-motivated PhD students, post-doc, and visiting researchers. All our research involves exploiting the wireless channels for innovative applications. The three topics that I am particularly interested are
- Key generation from wireless channels
- Radio frequency fingerprinting identification
- Device free wireless sensing
I am also very keen to explore new areas.
If you are interested, please drop me an email (junqing.zhang at liverpool.ac.uk) with your CV.
- PostDoc Opening: We are recruiting a two-year postdoc for my EPSRC New Investigator Award Project. Please find detailed information at link. The application deadline is 28 September 2021.
Requirement for PhD Admissions
- The applicant should hold or expect to hold a BSc or MSc degree in a relevant discipline such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, and Applied Mathematics, etc.
- Relevant experience in one or more of the following will be an advantage: wireless communications and networks, software defined radios, cyber security, machine learning, signal processing and statistics, optimisation.
- Strong mathematical background and/or programming skills in languages such as MATLAB, Python, C++, R, etc are highly preferred.
- Good English skills.
English Language Requirement
English language test certificate (minimum IELTS 6.5 with no components lower than 5.5 or other equivalent English qualifications)
Please note this requirement is applicable to both full PhD students and visiting PhD students. Please visit our website for details.
China Scholarship Council for PhD Students
We are proud to be the partner of the CSC scholarship. This is a very generous scholarship which provides full financial support. In particular, our university will waive the international tuition fee and CSC will provide the living allowance.
The application will open every year around October. Please note this is a two-step application.
- Step 1: You should submit a full application (in English) to our university first. You have to get a unconditional offer before you place a CSC application to our university. The deadline for this step is usually in the middle of January.
- Step 2: If you are successful at step 1, you will then submit another full application (in Chinese) to the CSC in China. The deadline is usually in the middle of March. The result is usually announced in May. If you are successful in both steps, you will be awarded the full scholarship from our University and CSC.
For more information please check our university website and also the CSC website.
UK Jiangsu 20+20 Programme for Visiting Researchers
If you are PhD students or scholars in universities of Jiangsu Province, China, another potential route is the UK Jiangsu 20+20 programme.
Please visit https://ukjs2020.com/ or contact me for further information.
The School of Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Computer Science hosts numerous staff members awarded prestigious personal fellowships and is strongly committed to attracting and retaining more fellows in the future.
Please visit this link for more information. If you are interested to apply with us, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Newton International Fellowships for Post-Doc
The Newton International Fellowships application will open in 2021. Please contact us if you are interested.