This page summarizes some publication in the area of physical layer security.
BEST READINGS TOPICS IN PHYSICAL-LAYER SECURITY recommended by the IEEE Communication Society
Review/Survey/Tutorial on Physical Layer Security
- Yongpeng Wu, Ashish Khisti, Chengshan Xiao, Giuseppe Caire, Kai-Kit Wong, and Xiqi Gao. “A Survey of Physical Layer Security Techniques for 5G Wireless Networks and Challenges Ahead.” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 679 – 695, 2018.
- Robyns, Pieter, Peter Quax, and Wim Lamotte. “PHY-layer security is no alternative to cryptography.” In Proc. 10th ACM Conference on Security and Privacy in Wireless and Mobile Networks, pp. 160-162, 2017.
- Yiliang Liu, Hsiao-Hwa Chen, and Liangmin Wang, “Physical layer security for next generation wireless networks: Theories, Technologies, and Challenges.” IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 347 – 376, First Quarter 2017.
- Amitav Mukherjee, “Physical-layer security in the internet of things: Sensing and communication confidentiality under resource constraints.” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 103, no. 10, pp. 1747-1761, Oct. 2015.
- Wade Trappe, “The challenges facing physical layer security.” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 16-20, Jun. 2015.
- Nan Yang, Lifeng Wang, Giovanni Geraci, Maged Elkashlan, Jinhong Yuan, and Marco Di Renzo. “Safeguarding 5G wireless communication networks using physical layer security.” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 20-27, Apr. 2015.
- Amitav Mukherjee, S. Ali A. Fakoorian, Jing Huang, and A. Lee Swindlehurst, “Principles of physical layer security in multiuser wireless networks: A survey.” IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 1550-1573, Third Quarter 2014.
Implementation Work of Physical Layer Security
The majority of the physical layer security research focus on the theoretical side, including modelling and performance analysis. However, these is some initiative work to prototype and implement physical layer security and demonstrate its practicability and performance. Some examples are shown below.
- Artificial noise, Kevin Ryland, “Physical Layer Security on Software Defined Radio“, 2017 [link]
- Artificial noise and Phase-Enciphered Alamouti Coding: Kevin Ryland, Marc Lichtman, and T. Charles Clancy, “Implementation of Two Physical Layer Security Techniques in an OTA System“, in Proc. 7th GNU Radio Conference, 2017. link
- Artificial noise and Phase-Enciphered Alamouti Coding: Kevin Ryland, “Software-Defined Radio Implementation of Two Physical Layer Security Techniques“, Master Thesis, 2018. link
- Distributed Beamforming: Xiaoran Fan, Zhijie Zhang, Wade Trappe, Yanyong Zhang, Rich Howard, and Zhu Han. “Secret-Focus: A Practical Physical Layer Secret Communication System by Perturbing Focused Phases in Distributed Beamforming.”, in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM, 2018.
- Beamforming: Narendra Anand, Sung-Ju Lee, and Edward W. Knightly. “Strobe: Actively securing wireless communications using zero-forcing beamforming.” in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 720-728. 2012. link